Amazon Seller Privileges Have Been Removed- But Why?admin
With every passing year, the craze to make a purchase from the e-commerce platforms among the people is increasing. This is leading to an increase in e-commerce sales. With almost two billion visitors every month Amazon has become the most preferred e-commerce platform. This leads Amazon to strictly regulate sellers to preserve the high quality of its marketplace. With a large number of visitors making their way to Amazon every month, it is every seller’s choice to be associated with Amazon as they can get benefited from the visitors who are visiting every month. This is why they are always ready to adhere to all the policies of Amazon.
As the policies of the Amazon are very strict, it can lead to the suspension of the sellers account very frequently. The number of account suspension increases every month as it can happen if you fail to abide by the policies unknowingly or accidentally. It has become the worst nightmare of the sellers and even the most diligent seller can get trapped in it. The only way left to get your account reinstated is by writing an Amazon reinstatement letter. This can really help you out in getting your reputation on track.
Why do a seller’s privileges get removed?
It becomes very important to go to the roots of a problem if you want to resolve it. Identifying the root cause of the issue makes you win half of the battle. Thus the first step to getting your account reinstated is by understanding the reason behind the suspension or by taking the help from a company that provides Amazon appeal service.
Some of the reasons behinds the suspensions are mentioned below:
The poor performance of the seller
If the seller is not able to meet the targets set by Amazon then Amazon does not risk its reputation because of the non-performers and can suspend the account of the Seller. The performance of the seller is measured through some metrics on Amazon. These are ordered defect rates, pre-fulfillment cancellation rates, and late shipment rate.
- Order Defect Rate (ODR) is the percentage of a seller’s orders that have received negative feedback. The feedback with one and two-star ratings is categorized as negative feedback. Apart from this a buyer who reports an issue with his order or when a buyer disputes the order as credit card purchase is considered as negative. If the ODR is less than one percent then only a seller can avoid its account suspension or else there is no way to get away.
- The pre-fulfillment cancellation rate is the number of canceled orders by the seller divided by the total order before the shipment is confirmed. Higher Pre-fulfillment cancellation rate can because of the account suspension of the seller. The pre-fulfillment cancellation rate that is less than 2.5% is good to avoid suspension.
- Late Shipment rate indicates the orders with a ship confirmation that is completed after the ship date divided by the total number of orders. The higher the late shipment rate the more will be the customer dissatisfaction. If the seller maintains a late shipment rate that’s less than 4% then his account does not get suspended.
Violation of amazon selling policies and seller’s code of conduct
All sellers are expected to adhere to the seller’s policy that can help them have a long term relation with Amazon or else it can result in the suspension of the account. This includes a certain code of conduct that should be followed by every seller.
- Provide accurate information that is not misleading to Amazon and its customers.
You must provide all the correct information to Amazon and its customers and must not fail to update it in case of any changes. Here the information is referred to as the name of the business listing your products in the correct category.
- Do not misuse Amazon services and be fair.
This includes various activities on the seller’s part like provide accurate information about the business, do not create multiple detail pages for the same product, posting offensive images of the product, accepting fake orders or pay yourself for the orders, Increase the price of the product after the confirmation of the product, Inflating web traffic by using wrong methods or trying to damage the reputation and ranking of other seller.
- Do not try to damage the reputation or rating of another seller as well.
By any means, never try to damage the reputation of other sellers on Amazon. You should never influence the reviews and ratings of the other sellers on Amazon by writing the review of their product.
- Do not try to influence the ratings, reviews, and feedback of the customers in any way.
If you try to influence the ratings, reviews and feedback of the customers are never appreciated. You should never pay the customer an incentive like a coupon or a product in exchange for positive feedback or review or for removing a negative one, ask the customers personally to write or remove a review or feedback, write reviews for your own products or another seller’s product who may be your competitor.
- Any inappropriate communication should be avoided
You should never indulge in a personal communication or using inappropriate language or messages for the customers. In spite, all communications should be done through Buyer-Seller Messaging that is related to order fulfillment or providing customer services. It is strictly prohibited to have marketing communications with the customers.
- Do not contact the buyer personally except through buyer-seller messages.
Never try to use or share the customer’s information like phone number, address or the name of the customer for any other purpose other than fulfilling the order. You should not send them any messages except through buyer-seller messaging. In addition to this, It should never be shared with any third party.
- Do not try to operate more than one seller account without a genuine reason that should be first shared by Amazon.
Never operate through more than one seller account unless you have another legitimate business for which you need a second account. If you own multiple brands and want to maintain separate businesses for each, you manufacture products for two separate companies; you require two accounts under an Amazon program.
Violation of amazon restricted product rules
Amazon has certain specific product restrictions for each product category they have. Thus, it becomes important for the sellers to check the restricted product pages to make sure that their supply is appropriate. It is the trust of the customers on Amazon that keeps us going. This is why the products comply with all the rules and regulations and Amazon’s policies that are being sold. If you are a seller who supplies goods on Amazon then you should carefully review the restricted product help pages.
The products that are illegal, unsafe, restricted under the listed pages and the ones that are only available by prescription are strictly prohibited on Amazon. If any seller supplies a product in violation of the law or any other Amazon’s policies and the ones on restricted product pages, then Amazon may take corrective actions as well.
Amazon may suspend or terminate selling privileges of the seller, destroy inventory without reimbursement, return inventory, terminate the business relationship, and permanently withhold payments of the sellers. Amazon may go to the extent of taking legal action against the seller in case of illegal or unsafe products.
The list of restricted products includes:
- Animals & Animal-Related Products
- Art – Fine Art
- Art – Home Decor
- Automotive and Power sports
- Composite Wood Products
- Cosmetics & Skin/Hair Care
- Currency, Coins, Cash Equivalents, and Gift Cards
- Dietary Supplements
- Drugs & drug paraphernalia
- Explosives, Weapons, and Related Items
- Export Controls
- Food & Beverage
- Gambling & Lottery
- Hazardous and Dangerous Items
- Human Parts & Burial Artifacts
- Jewelry & Precious Gems
- Laser products
- Lock Picking & Theft Devices
- Medical devices and accessories
- Offensive and Controversial Materials
- Pesticides and Pesticide Devices
- Plant and Seed Products
- Postage Meters & Stamps
- Recalled Products
- Recycling electronics
- Sex & Sensuality
- Subscriptions and Periodicals
- Surveillance Equipment
- Tobacco & Tobacco-Related Products
- Warranties, Service Plans, Contracts, and Guarantees
- Other Restricted Products