8 Key Facts to Know About Amazon Seller Central to Start Welladmin
Is Amazon the ideal online marketplace for you to start? How does Amazon FBA work? Should I register as an individual seller or as a pro seller? How to make the most of Amazon to grow your reach and enhances your revenue as an online seller?
There are several questions as such that you will be asking yourself or will be perplexed about when looking to start operating as an online seller? S, right from what type of account will suit your needs best to how to proceed through the Amazon seller account suspended appeal, there is a lot that you must be aware of to make the most of this globally popular e-tailor platform. Here are some key facts related to Amazon Seller Central that you must know:
- Amazon Seller Central is Different to Amazon Vendor Central
- The price control is more in your hand with Seller Central, as you can set the price of the product you manufacture as you see fit, which is something restricted with Vendor Central.
- Disbursement is quick for Seller Central, while for vendor Central reimbursement happens are 60 or 90 days.
- With Seller Central you control the inventory and shipment as you like, but with Vendor Central you might get some products sent back to you if Amazon thinks that they have sold enough. Amazon could also ask you to add your products to Amazon catalog if they are interested in those.
- The Central Seller Support service helps more effectively relating to listings, inventory and payments. You also get to update listings efficiently and make changes to images, descriptions, titles and points.
- However, marketing is something Vendor Central enjoys highly, as they have their own store or brand page, A+ detail content, headline ads and more options.
Registering on Vendor Central is done thorough invite usually, where Amazon usually invites those who have high sales as Seller Central; and you can also request an invite but for that there is no guarantee to succeed. If you wish to, you can register for both Seller Central, as well as Vendor Central, pending to specific conditions and approval from the Amazon.
- Key Amazon Statistics from Last Few Years’ Studies
- The range of category is by far the wider on Amazon than other online marketplace.
- The consumer base also puts Amazon as the leader in the online marketplace, globally.
- Almost 90% of people compare product prices on Amazon.
- Amazon Alexa has also been gaining ground as an effective medium to place an order.
- Amazon Prime membership is also seeing a surge since this service was started, with over 100 million users in US alone.
- FBA has helped sellers increase their sale volume by 25-30%.
- More than half of all sales on Amazon are done by third-party sellers.
- Amazon Central Sellers are Growing Annually
Yes, it’s a known assessment that Central Sellers are growing in thousands each year, so if you are looking to stay ahead of competitors, you should start early.
- Start with a Fee-Based or a Free Account
You can either start with an individual account or a professional account. For pro account, the monthly fee is $39.99, along with referral and variable closing fees. While for individual sellers there is no monthly fee, but only referral and variable closing fee. However, individual sellers have to shell out a certain charge for each item sold.
- Are Basic Details Enough to Register as a Seller?
Yes, creating an account as a seller on Amazon doesn’t take much. You can get started furnishing basic details:
- Your and your company’s name
- Address of your business
- Contact details
- ‘Shop From’ location and information of the region you will be shipping to
- Bank account details
- Amazon Offers Flexibility for Storage and Shipping
You can either take to handling the storage and shipping aspect yourself if you gave the resources and you know that you can manage that. If not, then Amazon provides you support through their Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service. For a certain fee for FBA, they handle the storage and shipping for sellers.
- Amazon Has Mobile App Support for Sellers
As a seller you just don’t need to be on your desktop all the time. You have the convenience of managing your seller account through your mobile device as well, accessing your dashboard on the Amazon Seller app. It helps you to create listings, manage inventory and orders, update prices, authorize shipment, contact service support, contact customers, and measure sales rank metrics as well.
- What if Your Seller Central Account Gets Suspended?
Knowingly or unknowingly, violating the rules and regulations may lead to your seller account getting suspended. However, it doesn’t mean you are forbidden forever. You can appeal again for reversal of suspension and start afresh on Amazon. For this you need to know the procedure of and duly follow the steps of how to get your Amazon suspended account reinstated.
So, these are some key facts related to Amazon when you are wishing to register and create your account as a seller. Knowing these, from the basics of how Amazon Seller Central differs to Vendor Central, what key statistics you should look at, how Amazon Seller account suspended appeal works, will help you in your long run as a seller on Amazon.